5 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Gucci
The Gucci brand is a household name across the world, they're known for their high end clothing, edgy advertising campaigns & their popular range of fragrances.
1) The man behind the brand was called Guccio Gucci - he was 40 years old when he established the brand. That's where the double G logo originates but interestingly was never designed by Guccio himself, it was created as a tribute after his death in 1960.
2) Guccio Gucci got his inspiration for his own brand whilst working as an elevator operator in London's swanky hotel - The Savoy. It was there that he met famous faces such as Winston Churchill & Marilyn Monroe, whose accessories inspired his to start his own company.
3) The company was very close to going bankrupt in the 1980's due to a number of scandalous stories about the Gucci family hit the news.
4) Tom Ford was appointed as Creative Director in 1994 and within 4 years Gucci saw a sales increase of 90%. House of Gucci had a net worth of $4 billion. He then went on to start his own brand - Tom Ford. (Shop our range of Tom Ford Perfume & Aftershave)
5) For the last 14 years Gucci have had a partnership with UNICEF which means a percentage of their profits is donated to the organisation, helping children to get better education and clean water in third-world countries.